OPERATIONS AND PROGRAM MANAGER
SASKATCHEWAN JAZZ FESTIVAL INC. (SASKATOON, SK)
Start Date: April 2022
Location: Saskatoon, Sask., Located on Treaty 6 territory, which includes the Nêhiyawak (Cree) as original signatories and is the traditional homeland of the Métis Nation. We also acknowledge the contributions of the Dakota and Round Prairie Métis peoples in establishing our city of Saskatoon and we extend our appreciation for the opportunity to live, work, and create on this beautiful territory
Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. (SJF) is seeking to fill a full time Operations and Program Manager position.
Reporting to the Executive Director this position will focus on guest experience and SJF’s Office operations. The incumbent is responsible to prioritize efficiency, supply chain management, fiscal wellness, and schedule adherence for the benefit of SJF’s programming and operations.
SJF presents Saskatchewan’s premier music event, the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival. This international jazz festival fosters, promotes, and presents an artistically significant festival of jazz and related music annually. The festival provides opportunities to showcase Saskatchewan musicians and educational experiences for the people of Saskatchewan.
The first festival took place in Saskatoon during the summer of 1987. Today it has become the second largest festival of its kind in Western Canada and each summer the SSJF plays host to hundreds of world class artists in Saskatoon. Thousands of music fans attend to devour the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop, and world music, with a program that spans as many genres as it does continents.
SJF is looking for an individual who can help the festival and organization grow in a manner that ensures inclusivity, financial sustainability, high-quality performances, and fosters community ownership and impact. The successful candidate will:
- Oversee logistics of the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival in a manner that ensures the continued support and growth of SJF;
- Engage with volunteers, artists, and suppliers to ensure strong relationships and ongoing interest;
- Execute sound financial and business practices to optimize operations and ensure the smooth operations of the SJF Office, and
- Nurture stakeholder relationships in the community to deepen community ownership and impact.
The SJF is a not-for-profit and the Operations and Program Manager must work successfully with a wide variety of people and organizations in various capacities.
The Operations & Program Manager is expected to achieve their required outcomes while keeping the best interests of the festival, festival staff, volunteers, board, partners, and the community at the core of their decision making.
The Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. prioritizes respect as a key tenant of our staff culture and strives to create a work environment in which all employees are respected, encouraged, and valued for their individual contributions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certification in Arts Administration, Event Management, or related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Experience in event management or supply chain knowledge
- Proficient computer skills;
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations and an interest in the music industry are assets.
- Salary range: $60K – $75K
- Must be bondable and obtain a criminal record check prior to commencing work.
- Employees of the Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. may not perform as an artist, technician, manager, or agent during the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival or any additional programming presented by the SJF. With approval of the Executive Director employees may participate in these activities at other festivals or venues, provided their participation does not conflict with the required outcomes of their employment.
- Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their date of hire. Proof of vaccination is required.
Email your application to the SJF Search Committee at email@example.com
For more information, please visit our website at www.saskjazz.com or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply early, interviews will begin April. We thank all who apply for the position which will remain close March 30, 2022
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage applications from members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.