Join our team!
Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Inc. (SJF) is seeking to fill a full time Executive Director (ED) position.
The ED will provide strategic leadership and manage all aspects of the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival (SSJF), operations, and programs to ensure the SJF is effectively meeting its financial, operational, and strategic goals
SJF presents Saskatchewan’s premier music event, the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival. This international jazz festival fosters, promotes, and presents an artistically significant festival of jazz and related music annually. The festival provides opportunities to showcase Saskatchewan musicians and educational experiences for the people of Saskatchewan.
The first festival took place in Saskatoon during the summer of 1987. Today it has become the second largest festival of its kind in Western Canada and each summer the SSJF plays host to hundreds of world class artists in Saskatoon. Thousands of music fans attend to devour the sounds of jazz, blues, funk, pop, and world music, with a program that spans as many genres as it does continents.
SJF is looking for an individual who can grow the festival and organization in a manner that ensures inclusivity, financial sustainability, high-quality performances, and fosters community ownership and impact. The successful candidate will:
- Provide collaborative leadership that motivates, inspires, and enables others to deliver on SJF’s strategic priorities;
- Nurture existing stakeholder relationships in the community and develop new relationships to deepen community ownership and impact;
- Oversee and execute sound financial and business practices that meet fiscal targets;
- Optimize operations through leading business practices;
- Generate and manage grant, sponsorship, ticket and other revenue;
- Engage public attention and interest to ensure the continued support and growth of SJF;
- Hire and manage staff, and engage appropriate consultants/contractors and volunteers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors (BOD), the ED will provide leadership that aligns all aspects of the operation with SJF’s Mandate, Strategic Pillars, and resources, in a manner that ensures SJF’s financial self-sufficiency.
The SJF is a not-for-profit and the ED must work successfully with a wide variety of people and organizations in various capacities (e.g., SJF Board members and committees, the Saskatoon Jazz Society, community colleagues, employees, sponsors, volunteers, governments, artists, patrons, media, booking agents, and consultants or contractors) to help the SJF thrive and grow.
- Relevant education and/or experience in an appropriate field
- Experience in a senior operations role;
- Experience leading and supervising staff;
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Proficient computer skills;
- Experience working with Boards, event management, and a strong interest in the music industry are assets.
- Salary range: $80K – $110K
Email your application to the Executive Director Search Committee at email@example.com
Apply early, interviews will begin early December. We thank all who apply for the position which will remain open until filled.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage applications from members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their date of hire. Proof of vaccination is required.Click here for the full job description