2020 volunteer applications are now open!
It takes over 400 energetic and dedicated volunteers to make the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival a premier cultural event in Saskatchewan. Volunteers work tirelessly in a variety of positions that include: artist hospitality, transportation, merchandise, promotions, bar-tending, set up, tear down, and venue supervision. Learn more about our volunteer duties.
Led by a group of experienced coordinators, your volunteer experience at the SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival will be like no other. From meeting other friendly and energetic volunteers, and maybe a world class musician or two, festival volunteers from the young to the young at heart, have told us that volunteering during the festival is the highlight of their summer.
We are always looking for bright, energetic and enthusiastic people to be a part of our volunteer family.
- Application deadline: Friday, March 27
- Volunteer Orientation: May 26 at 7pm, Sheraton Cavalier Hotel
- Set Up: Sunday, June 27 – Thursday, July 2
- Festival Starts: Friday, July 3
- Festival Ends: Sunday, July 12
- Clean up: Monday, July 13- Tuesday, July 14
- Volunteer Appreciation: TBA
Accepted volunteers will be contacted in April and May. You WILL NOT be contacted prior to the application deadline. Volunteers will be placed according to availability, skills, experience, and operational requirements.
VOLUNTEER FEE AND BENEFITS
All volunteers of the Festival are required to pay a $10 fee, which MUST accompany the application. Volunteers will not be placed until $10 fee has been received. Volunteer fee will be refunded if your application is not accepted. Benefits returned to the volunteer include:
- Special edition volunteer t-shirt (shirt must be worn at all times when on duty)
- Complimentary admission to Festival concerts (some restrictions apply)
- The opportunity to enjoy music, have fun, make friends, and give back to your community!
Volunteers may also apply in person at the Festival Office located on the 4th Floor of the MacMillan Building. Our hours are 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Our full address:
Suite #400 – MacMillan Building
135-21st Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0B4