Saskatchewan artist applications are now being accepted for the 34th annual SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival, July 9-18, 2021. We want to hear from musicians and bands of any genre and with project ideas who are interested in performing at the annual festival!
How we are able to celebrate all things jazz this July is still yet to be confirmed but definitely a work in progress. We ask for your patience and understanding through this process and encourage you to keep playing and stay safe.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 5, 2021.
To submit an application use the link available at the bottom of this page.
Due to the high cost of travel in Canada, most Canadian musicians who wish to perform as part of the Canadian jazz festival circuit need to apply for a Canada Council Touring Grant.
CANADIAN & INTERNATIONAL MUSICIANS, AGENTS & MANAGERS
Canadian and International artists who wish to perform should submit a press kit (CD, bio, cover letter, and DVD if available). Applications are accepted until February 28, 2021. Artists who wish to perform must submit a press kit (CD, bio, cover letter, and DVD if available). The majority of programming decisions will be made between January-March 2021.
Note: The Saskatchewan Jazz Festival is a proud and active member of Jazz Festivals Canada. Many Canadian Jazz Festival presenters meet in late October for the purpose of discussing and developing artist tours. In order to be considered at the tour development meetings, packages should be sent well in advance to each festival director responsible for programming.
Only complete submissions, as material is available, will be considered. Please submit the following:
A. Press Kit
- Name & Contact Information: phone | fax | e-mail | web site | mailing address of contact person
- A brief description of your music. If available, please include any performance or recording reviews
- A list of all group members names and instruments
- A link to your electronic press kit (EPK), social media platforms (if available), live performance video (if available), and music (if available)
- Any applicable GST/HST numbers (Canadian residents only)
- *Canadian Artists: Please indicate if the group/musician has secured or will be applying for tour funding (I.E. Canada Council)
- *International Artists: Please indicate if the group/musician has secured or will be applying for tour funding
Kevin Tobin, Artistic Director
#400-135 21st Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0B4
Due to the high volume of submissions, all inquiries regarding the status of applications should be submitted via email to the Artistic Director. Artist submissions will not be returned.Artist Application