Saskatchewan artist applications for the 36th Annual SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival are now open. To complete the Saskatchewan artist application form CLICK HERE. Saskatchewan artist applications close on February 11, 2023 at 5:00pm. Please note: This form is for Saskatchewan artists ONLY. Canadian & International Artists should follow the directions in the subsequent
sections of this page.
NEW FOR 2023: Saskatchewan artist applications now require a video of the artist’s work. Live performance videos are strongly preferred but music videos will also be accepted. This pertains to all applicants, including those who have played our festival in past years. Links to videos on artist websites, social platforms, youtube channels, etc. are sufficient (but please make sure they work!). In person/hard copy applications will no longer be accepted.
Programming decisions for Saskatchewan artists will be made in February and March 2023. Only Artists receiving a performance offer will be contacted.
Due to the high cost of travel in Canada, most Canadian musicians who wish to perform as part of the Canadian jazz festival circuit need to apply for a Canada Council Touring Grant.
CANADIAN & INTERNATIONAL MUSICIANS, AGENTS & MANAGERS
Canadian and International artists who wish to perform should submit their application to the Executive Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Canadian & International applications are accepted until December 31, 2022 at 5:00pm CST. Applications must include all the material listed in the Application Requirements below. Most programming decisions will be made between September – December 2022.
Note: The Saskatchewan Jazz Festival is a proud and active member of Jazz Festivals Canada. Many Canadian Jazz Festival presenters meet in late October for the purpose of discussing and developing artist tours. In order to be considered at the tour development meetings, packages should be sent well in advance to each festival director responsible for programming.
Only complete submissions, as material is available, will be considered. Please submit the following:
A. Application Requirements
- Name & Contact Information: phone | fax | e-mail | web site | mailing address of contact person
- A brief description of your music. If available, please include any performance or recording reviews
- A list of all group members names and instruments
- A link to your electronic press kit (EPK), social media platforms, or website
- A live performance video. All applications MUST include a video of the Artist’s work. Live performance videos are strongly preferred but music videos will be accepted. (Links to videos on artist websites, social platforms, youtube channels etc. are sufficient).
- Any applicable GST/HST numbers (Canadian residents only)
- *Canadian Artists: Please indicate if the group/musician has secured or will be applying for tour funding (I.E. Canada Council)
- *International Artists: Please indicate if the group/musician has secured or will be applying for tour funding
Shannon Josdal, Executive Director