(Bombargo, 2017 Festival, Photo by: Nicole Romanoff Photography)
Artist applications for the 2018 SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival are now closed. Applications will re-open in the fall of 2019.
Due to the high cost of travel in Canada, most Canadian musicians who wish to perform as part of the Canadian jazz festival circuit need to apply for a Canada Council Touring Grant. The Canada Council grant deadline is December 12th, 2018.
CANADIAN & INTERNATIONAL MUSICIANS, AGENTS & MANAGERS
Artists who wish to perform must submit a press kit (CD, bio, cover letter, and DVD if available). Applications are accepted until December 31. Artists who wish to perform must submit a press kit (CD, bio, cover letter, and DVD if available). Applications are accepted until December 31. The majority of programming decisions will be made between October 2018 and February 2019.
Please note: The Saskatchewan Jazz Festival is a proud and active member of Jazz Festivals Canada. Many Canadian Jazz Festival presenters meet in October for the purpose of discussing and developing artist tours. In order to be considered at the tour development meetings, packages should be sent well in advance to each festival director responsible for programming.
Only complete submissions, as material is available, will be considered. Please submit the following:
A. Press Kit
- Name & Contact Information: phone | fax | e-mail | web site | mailing address of contact person
- A brief description of your music. If available, please include any performance or recording reviews
- A list of all group members names and instruments
- A link to your electronic press kit (EPK), social media platforms (if available), live performance video (if available), and music (if available)
- Any applicable GST/HST numbers (Canadian residents only)
- *Canadian Artists: Please indicate if the group/musician has secured or will be applying for tour funding (I.E. Canada Council)
- *International Artists: Please indicate if the group/musician has secured or will be applying for tour funding
Kevin Tobin, Artistic Director
#701-601 Spadina Cres E
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3G8
Due to the high volume of submissions, all inquiries regarding the status of applications should be submitted via email to the Artistic Director. Artist submissions will not be returned.